Friday, January 21, 2022

REVIEW FROM Ms LEONG SOW FUNG, Sabre Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Singapore.

Review for Kris Zhu 

Yoga Teacher

21 Jan 2022


I learned and practiced yoga with Kris for more than 10 years. It started when I joined my company’s organized group yoga classes around 2007. I was initially not too keen as I thought yoga was too slow. But after a few lessons, I appreciated the deliberate yoga postures, the breathing techniques, and the mental discipline I must exercise to focus my mind to practice yoga. I became hooked, and remained a life long fan of yoga since.

Kris was my one and only yoga teacher. After more than 600 classes (wow!) with him, I still found weekly practice with him not monotonous. There were always new challenges, different asanas and new techniques for each class. Kris was observant and caring and would introduce alternative routines or poses whenever needed.

I learned various yoga techniques with Kris, including Ashtanga, Hatha and Pranayamas breathing. These are not just fitness exercises but very helpful for maintaining my health. I recalled when I was hiking Mount Kinabalu, the exertion and rapid ascent caused my husband and I to rapidly go out of breath. Taking a pause to focus and practice the breathing tactic helped us recovered, and we eventually completed our hike successfully.

On another occasion, I suffered from a suspected slipped disc. The stretching and breathing exercises help me recovered my flexibility as well as manage the pain. I went on a long planned driving holiday within 1 month of my injury. I was concerned over whether I could sit in the car for long hours over the 2-week holiday. Daily yoga practice and stretches helped me to have a pain free holiday.

I appreciate how yoga practice helps me manage my mental and physical fitness, and I appreciated having Kris as my teacher. 


Leong Sow Fung










No comments: